Wednesday, October 13, 2010

all about tayloR

Lyrics Lirik Lagu Taylor Swift - Love Story


 






We were both young when I first saw you
I close my eyes
And the flashback starts
I'm standing there
On a balcony in summer air

I see the lights,
See the party, the ball gowns
I see you make your way through the crowd
You say hello
Little did I know.....

That you were Romeo,
you were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said : stay away from Juliet
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you : please don't go
And I said:

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting , all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story ,baby ,just say yes

So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet cause we're dead if they know
So close your eyes
Escape this town for a little while

Cause you were Romeo I was a scarlet letter
And my daddy said: stay away from Juliet
But you were everything to me
I was begging you : please don't go
And I said:

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story ,baby , just say yes

Romeo save me, they try to tell me how to feel
This love is difficult, but it's real,
Don't be afraid
We'll make it out of this mess
It's a love story baby just say yes,
oh oh..

I got tired of waiting
Wondering if you were ever coming around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town
And I said:

Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you but you never come
Is this in my head, I don't know what to think
He knealt to the ground and pulled out a ring

And said:

Marry me ,Juliet
you'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad go pick out a white dress
It's a love story ,baby ,just say yes

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh, oh

Cause we were both young when I first saw you





















The Number Eight Most Downloaded Song of All Time: ‘Love Story’ – Taylor Swift
If there’s one thing you can say about ‘Love Story’ (and most of Taylor Swift’s catalog), it’s that it’s “sweet,” though it’s hard to say anything more complimentary than that. By design, it’s a color-by-number generic retelling of a relationship. It borrows from classic novels that teenagers read in high-school: both Romeo and Juliet as well as The Scarlet Letter having been name-checked specifically in the song.
What’s startling, though, is just how whitewashed these references are by the determination of the song to have an ending that is just as romantic as the rest of the song. That happy-go-lucky banjo persists throughout the song, appropriately accompanying a happy-go-lucky love story that rarely exists, if at all.
The song does an admirable enough job of acknowledging that troubles exist, but in this song they exist only as obstacles that increase the mystic of the relationship itself. The disapproving parents, the need for secrecy, they all serve to prove that “this love is difficult, but it’s real.” In other words, they are necessary tests, that provide the male to prove his love. The real trial, a time of loneliness and questioning about the nature of the relationship ends with a realization that the trial never really existed at all: “Romeo, save me. I’ve been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you but you never come. Is this in my head? I don’t know what to think. He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring.”
The allusions to Romeo and Juliet as well as The Scarlet Letter don’t ground the song in reality as they should, because the true lessons of those classics are wholly ignored. Concepts of repentance, the dangers of unrequited love, the cost of rebellion, and the sacrificial nature of real love are eschewed in the name of a happy beginning, middle and ending. It would all be fine and dandy if only she’s use appropriate references and call it what it is: a fairy tale.





No comments:

Post a Comment