Admit it, you've done these things (or at least secretly want to do them!) when your brother or your closest guy pal introduced you to his girlfriend. Not that you want them to call it quits, you're just feeling a bit protective. And that's normal. But remember not to do it so much, okay? Hurting his girl would also end up hurting your brother. And who wants that to happen, right?
- You do a background check on the girl. In this day and age, this is just a natural reaction to new (and even old!) people in your life or your loved-ones' lives. You have to know the basics and even her past relationships. In short, you just have to know. Hey, it's your obligation to make sure he is safe within her hands.
- You analyze all her posts. Does her latest post seem to be putting your brother in a bad light? Is she just playing with his feelings? Does she rant online whenever they're fighting or having an argument? Again, you have to make sure that she is in no way hurting your brother or your guy BFF.
- You give him your (often unsolicited) advice. She didn't just come into his life without thinking that she also has to deal with all the people in his life, right? Of course she should know that you're going to be there for his guy whenever they're fighting, giving him your thoughts on the latest subject of their argument. Just make sure you remind your brother or your guy friend that the choice ultimately rests upon him.
- You suddenly become intimidating. You have to put your best foot forward and make sure she's aware of what she's dealing with in case she breaks your friend's heart, which she better not do. Not that you're doing this to scare her off. You're just giving her a very important reminder of what she should or shouldn't do while she's with him.
- You spill the deets on your brother or your BFF. But in rare cases or after a few months and years, you get along with his girl and you even spill a few funny anecdotes about him. Of course, you're still protective so you choose the ones that won't harm his reputation. This, or you end up being the girl's BFF and even help her whenever their relationship gets a little difficult.
How do you deal with your brother or your guy BFF's girlfriend, Candy Girls? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom. We always love hearing from you. :)