Guys take bro time seriously. If we were to choose between a night out with a girl and a night out with the bros, we'd most likely choose the latter. Bro Time is a sacred time for laughing, weirdness, sports, and just sheer bonding. Of course, we choose to keep information from the female population for the protection of the Bro-dom, and the sacredness of the Bro Code. However, here are a few things I could disclose, just to shed some light for the curious girls out there.
To my fellow bros, please don't kill me.
- Sports. This one's a no-brainer, but I'm including it here because it should be common knowledge to all girls by now. Guys talk about sports during Bro Time, and most especially in the duration of a season. Some even go the extra mile and talk about statistics, analyzing all these things, which sports teams' managers and coaches should do or should have done. Whether it's basketball, football, golf, or ultimate frisbee (my sport), there's never a Bro Time bonding without the mention of sports.
- Video Games. From consoles to handheld and even mobile applications, Bro Time is never complete without a conversation about video games. The conversation ranges from sports games to RPGs to things like Clash of Clans. Other more extreme gaming fanatics talk about in-depth things like character back stories, gaming universe conspiracies, and whatnot. Half of the time, it's about the enjoyment of games, and the other half it's about laughing at certain things that happened while playing something like NBA 2k. After all, gaming time is bro bonding time.
- Technology. Guys have the greatest fascination for technology. While girls are talking about how nice an iPhone is, we're talking about the specs of the Galaxy S-series. If girls have their make-up, we have our gadgets.
- Girls. Need I say more?
- School or Work. It may come as a surprise to some, but guys actually talk about school or work when they're having Bro Time. Our career is always on our minds as men, and potentially the main breadwinners of our future households. So, in these small gathering sessions, we actually ask each other about how certain things are going in these respects. It's enjoyable hearing about the achievements of the bros, and it's an open opportunity to give solid bro advice to those bros who are struggling.
- Hobbies. Hobbies also come into play during Bro Time. We often like to share our music with each other, or talk about dancing, singing, martial arts, and exercising. This helps us discover new things about one another and aids in catching up with those bros that we haven't seen in a long time.
- Heart to Heart. Sometimes, Bro Time is a time for comfort. If a Bro is going through a tough time, it's important to have his back. Here's where we get a little bit more serious, sensitive, and mature to an extent. Of course Bro H2Hs don’t happen very often, but when they do, our ears are ready to listen and our minds are ready to give advice.
Got more guy-related questions? Let us know in the comments or tweet us@candymagdotcom to join the conversation. :)