The problem with handsome guys? They think they can just barge into your life, and make you weak in the knees. They have this lasting effect on you, and you'll find yourself grinning like a madman hours after they're out of sight. But not this time, Candy Girls. This time, we're giving you a game plan on how you can stand your ground (or pretend to, at least) when a ridiculously good-looking guy comes your way.
- Take a few deep breaths. You know when a handsome guy walks into the room, and it's like this bright light is surrounding him—making him oh-so holy and heaven-sent? That just makes it twice as difficult to ignore him. But before you start hyperventilating and losing your balance, count from one to three, and breathe. Promise, it helps. A little.
- Think of something else. By something else, we don't mean think of him while he's wearing another cute outfit or him rocking a new haircut. By something else, we mean thinking of an entirely different thing that will make you forget he exists for a few seconds. Have you finished studying for your final exams yet?
- Smile back. If he sees you, says hello, and smiles at you, smile back. Don't grin. Just smile. Grinning will just make things worse. It will give away what you've been trying to hide all this time—his weakening effect on you.
- Tuck your hair behind your ear. We don't exactly know why this works, but somehow it does. It calms you down a little whenever you're face to face with Mr. Gorgeous. Gives off an "I'm cool" vibe when we know the truth: you're dying just a little inside.
- Turn around, cover your mouth, and say, "Eep!" We totes understand that it's difficult to contain every bit of admiration you have for him, so we're allowing you to have your reaction. Reminder: Do this only when they're about seven feet away. Don't let him hear you or he might think you're either weird or are totally crushing on him (which you are, who are we kidding here).
Disclaimer: This only works when you're dealing with one handsome guy. Try dealing with three (like when you're watching Divergent and Theo James, Miles Teller, and Ansel Elgort are flashed onscreen all at the same time), and you'll find yourself not knowing where you are. For a situation like that, we won't know what to do too.
Good luck on dealing with handsome guys today, Candy Girls!
Boy-boggled? Tell us about your boy troubles in the comments or tweet us@candymagdotcom. We might be able to help. :)